Yelli Kelli...Hey! That's Cute!

I am an Artist, Fashion Designer, Freehand Embroidery Designer, and mom. This is where I show recent custom work, new designs, fun stuff about my daughter, and silly stuff about my Shih Tzu.......Remember....
You Can't Be Serious!!!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sweet Parakeet Baby Dress

DSC04279

 

This is my “Sweet Parakeet” Baby Dress. Made to Match the “Lovebirds” fabric that is so popular right now!

The print in the quilting fabric is called Lovebirds, but they look more like parakeets to me. Smile

I just listed this is my Etsy  shop….and it is ready to ship!

OK, I have seen so many bird motifs in the market lately. And the “parakeet” or budgie is a new look in this sweet theme!

I have had a few commissions for nursery paintings with these sweeties. There are lots of fabrics  and prints out there that are popular! I made this to coordinate with a print (Free Spirit, I believe) that was used in a nursery for a client.  I have made several paintings  with this theme.  Below is a birth announcement painting and a very large floral design that coordinated.

DSC04193

 

DSC04194

My little dress is a freehand design on my cotton pique’ knit. I added a Shabby chiffon hem and chiffon rosettes.

DSC04281 

I also hand stitched my Wonky embroidery on the neckline and armholes. I like this treatment for the edgings on girls dresses because they are so cute and one of a kind! It has sort of a humble feel.

If you love this theme as much as I do, there are some lovely fabric choices out there! And If you go with those, I can do custom “made to match” décor’ items to complete the look!

Check my shop…….. I do customs for any color or design!

See the dress and my art  HERE.

Thanks Sweetie!

No comments:

Followers

Contributors

Hey! That's Cute!

HEY!

All of my YelliKelli designs are Original works of art. Kelly Jackson, aka YelliKelli, is the ORIGINAL Fun & Funky Designer Artist from Guntersville, Al.!

"HEY! That's Cute!"