Yelli Kelli...Hey! That's Cute!

I am an Artist, Fashion Designer, Freehand Embroidery Designer, and mom. This is where I show recent custom work, new designs, fun stuff about my daughter, and silly stuff about my Shih Tzu.......Remember....
You Can't Be Serious!!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sew Cute!



















This was my big piece for competition at our recent art show. I did this large, 30"x40" collage with vintage fabrics, hand embroidery with wool yarn, and odds and ends from my stash. I dyed the wool felt for her hair, and painted the muslin for her face and hands. I wanted a really primitive, naive style for this one....entitled "The Stitcher"....with the "Sew Cute" wording on the front. She is holding an actual embroidery hoop, with "I heart stitching" embroidered on it. The tape measure, thread spool, and pattern paper wrapped with thread are from my old tin of sewing stuff. Her eyelashes are dyed elastic snippets! Her eyes are deep turquoise velvet, and her wonky dress is an old piece of dyed wool. The buttons are from my great grandmothers stock from her "General Store" where I used to get bags of candy as a child. The flowers are also old stock, vintage silks with darling pompom centers!

This is a sentimental piece for me, and I am keeping it. But, I am going to offer this style as a portrait for children, or young at hearts, as a custom in my Etsy shop.
And....She won first place for needlecraft!



Just wanted to share.....:)

No comments:

Followers

Contributors

Hey! That's Cute!

HEY!

All of my YelliKelli designs are Original works of art. Kelly Jackson, aka YelliKelli, is the ORIGINAL Fun & Funky Designer Artist from Guntersville, Al.!

"HEY! That's Cute!"