Yelli Kelli...Hey! That's Cute!

I am an Artist, Fashion Designer, Freehand Embroidery Designer, and mom. This is where I show recent custom work, new designs, fun stuff about my daughter, and silly stuff about my Shih Tzu.......Remember....
You Can't Be Serious!!!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Grocery Store Find!




Hmmmmm...I am walking through the grocery store the other day and look up...why is this stuff always on the high shelves? I see a bag of puffed brown rice. Hmmmmmm....what could I do with this stuff? Now, I am the one who will eat plain spagetti noodles without sauce, or plain cooked rice without seasoning. I love bland comforting (ok, I guess starchy) foods. I decided to try some. (My DD immediately said "Yuk" but she had not tasted it yet).. I tasted it at home and thought, well it reminds me of sugar smacks cereal, without the sugar coating. I tried some in milk, a little soggy, (no sugar crispy coating) but OK. Then I thought...how about using this to make whole grain rice krispie treats? Or using it in homemade granola or trail mix? Or, I could just munch on it dry, as I have been doing. I like to snack on crunchy stuff while I am working. This has the texture of Cheeto's without the fat and salt. This might be a healthy alternative! It is made by Alf's, and contains the wheat germ. Try some yourself, and leave a comment if you do!


Hey, another great snack that DD does love is a whole baby dill pickle! I noticed on the label that they are ZERO fat and ZERO calories! Snack away!


**Hey! leave your healthy snack suggestions in a comment!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the sponge idea! Sounds good! You are better than me eating that cereal - does not look apetizing, lol. I'm with your daughter on that one..

Followers

Contributors

Hey! That's Cute!

HEY!

All of my YelliKelli designs are Original works of art. Kelly Jackson, aka YelliKelli, is the ORIGINAL Fun & Funky Designer Artist from Guntersville, Al.!

"HEY! That's Cute!"